Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Holidays Part One - "Gefilte fish is still gross"

Happy Easter/Passover/Spring!

I've been having a wonderful but busy week. Last Wednesday night I celebrated the first night of Passover with my friend Julie and a very nice group of her friends as she led us in a Seder. It was my first Seder in several years and the first time I recall ever being responsible for asking the Four Questions (it's generally the responsibility of the youngest person and I have a younger brother so I was generally safe).

It turned out that out of the 9 of us there, Julie and I were the only two Jews, so luckily there was no pressure to embarrass myself trying to read the questions in Hebrew. It was a lovely gathering and the Jews and "gentiles" all participated, even going so far as to try the gefilte fish. I convinced myself to try it as well, since I've spent the past several years convincing those around me to avoid it. Tastes can change, right? Wrong. As Julie's friend Sarah said, it still "tastes like something my cat would like". Thankfully, the rest of the meal was delicious :)

Thanks for including me, Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment