Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where did the summer go?!?

Ok, so I guess I've been a bit busy moving apartments, working hard on a new test of spoken Dutch and teaching a course in language assessment. My regular, full-time job plus prep and execution of a college-level course at the same time. *$&#! Never. Again. Honestly, I've enjoyed teaching the course but I just had way too much on my plate to manage, like, life and stuff. The final class was last Saturday, so I'm finally in the home stretch of being a one-job woman again. Which means more time for the fun stuff... like soaping!

This summer did bring a couple really nice distractions from the super-grind, though. I had a very special birthday weekend in Santa Monica visiting with family and college buddies and checking out the amazing Accomplice: Hollywood. Then, of course, there was the bachelorette party and wedding of one of my oldest friends, Levy, earlier this month, which was truly a wonderful - and beautiful - occasion.

Although I've obviously been keeping busy, somehow I feel like it went from May to September in the blink of an eye. No camping trips, out-of-state visits, trips to the beach or any of my other usual summer escapades.

Anyone else vote for extending this year's summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment