Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Now curing...

Here it is, folks. My first semi-successful attempt at cold process swirling. I made this batch of intoxicating spearmint-rosemary essential oil soap using Mission Peak's Mold and SoapQuick (pre-mixed oil blend) so I wouldn't have to worry too much about measuring and mixing the ingredients while I focused on getting the timing and the trace just right for swirling. I've still got lots of practicing to do, but I think this first batch came out pretty well! Plus, my new apartment has been smelling GREAT because of this baby.


After about 2 days, I unmolded and cut the big loaf (above) into bars. These guys need to cure for about 6 weeks and they'll be ready to use/sample/sell on August 1st.


Also curing: my less successful attempt at swirling in a Citrus Mint (fragrance oil) scent. It came out looking layered because I missed the proper trace window and it was too thick to produce a real swirl. These guys are almost ready and I polished them up and hand bevelled them last week. Look out for them to hit my Etsy shop on July 15th!

No comments:

Post a Comment